Myrrh is in the Frankincense family of Bible Anointing oils and is mentioned between 13-16 times in the Bible depending on your translation. Several of the references could be referring to another oil. A few selections are-
“I have perfumed by bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.” Proverbs 7:17
“I arose to open to my beloved, and my hands dripped with myrrh, my fingers with liquid myrrh, upon the handles of the bolt.” Song of Solomon 5:5
How Did the Ancient Peoples Use Myrrh?
There are many species that the myrrh of the Bible could be. There were actually 9 different ones available at the time of Moses and over 80 identified today. It is one of the oldest spiritual oils known to man. Myrrh was used in childbirth to prevent infection and was rubbed on the perineum to aid in stretching to allow for easier childbirth. It was then used on the umbilical cord to prevent infection. It was used for skin conditions, oral hygiene and embalming. Women believed it preserved a youthful look and so it was used in many cosmetics.
Biblical CBD Anointing Oil in Boise ?
Myrrh has a lot of healing properties. It is anti-infectious, antiviral, anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, hormone-like, anti-hyperthyroid, and supports the immune system. It is good for diarrhea, thrush in babies, vaginal thrush, athlete’s foot, ringworm, viral hepatitis, chapped skin, wrinkles. It is used in a lot of skin care products for its ability to smooth out wrinkles. Its astringent properties make it helpful for hemorrhoids and for healing ulcers of all kinds. It is good for menstrual problems and menopausal symptoms. It is also used for emotional releasing. It has a gentle calming affect and can be used to instill deep tranquility, inner stillness and peace. When used in grief, it tends to ease sorrow. The main effects of Myrrh are Anti-inflammatory and antiviral.
Buying CBD Anointing Oil in Boise USA
How Can Myrrh Be Used?
Myrrh can be used to anoint the brow, energy centers, hands and the soles of the feet. Myrrh can be placed on the healer’s hands and brushed through the energy field to bring about a sense of peacefulness and tranquility. it can be used directly on the body (you may want to dilute it only because it is sticky.) It can be diffused or inhaled directly but if you choose to put it in a diffuser, be prepared for it to gum up the works.
For more information on how this ancient biblical anointing oil with CBD and other essential oils has modern day applications, you may wish to attend an aromatherapy program that discusses the Biblical oils. the Institute of Spiritual Healing and Aromatherapy is such a program.
What Does Anointing Oil Represent In The Bible?
Are you looking for spiritual health? Here is a unique way that many have found helpful: anointing yourself with essential oils on a daily basis. Using essential oils will help to open you to the possibility of receiving God's favor-God's healing grace in your life. This kind of anointing is more than just putting oils into your bath water and allowing the aroma to release your negativity and open you to unconditional love. It is more than diffusing an essential oil into the room to create a sacred healing environment. And it is more than burning incense to lift up your spirit to the high places. Sacred fragrances are an honoring of the gift of God present in your daily life. God has blessed the earth with all kinds of plants for your use. When you take the very essence of the plants, the essential oils, and breathe them, rub them on your body or take them within, you are accepting the gift of blessing from God. It is through this kind of anointing that is a reminder that God has placed a mark upon your heart.
Today those on a spiritual path recognize the healing properties of oil and create their own spiritual rituals for themselves and their families, anointing their bodies with these healing substances.
Some Modern Ways of Anointing
- Anoint the energy centers like the brow or throat or heart as you call upon God to bless yourself or someone else with health and well-being. Some wonderful fragrances include balsam, neroli, frankincense or blends like Joy, Harmony and Abundance.
- Anoint and clear your meditation space and your healing space with oils. Any of the tree oils are good for this but especially balsam, sandalwood, and frankincense. Also blends like Awaken, Inspiration and Grounding.
- For massage therapists, incorporate the use of essential oils in massaging the body. Relaxing oils would be helpful like lavender, Roman Chamomile or blends like Peace and Calming.
- Anoint the linens, table and room before a healing session begins. One word of caution--make sure you are not using an oil that stains.
- Anoint the client's body, blessing and respecting the sacredness of the person. I particularly like to use blends here. Harmony, Valor, Joy or White Angelica.
- Diffuse a healing oil to cleanse and anoint the client's aura. Use light fragrances like lemon, orange, grapefruit, or bergamot.
- Anoint bath water. Are you in need of relaxation ro energy? Lavender, Roman Chamomile, or neroli might be just what you need. If its energyzing that you need, go for pine, rosemary, or juniper.