Myrrh is in the Frankincense family of Bible Anointing oils and is mentioned between 13-16 times in the Bible depending on your translation. Several of the references could be referring to another oil. A few selections are-
“I have perfumed by bed with myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon.” Proverbs 7:17
“I arose to open to my beloved, and my hands dripped with myrrh, my fingers with liquid myrrh, upon the handles of the bolt.” Song of Solomon 5:5
How Did the Ancient Peoples Use Myrrh?
There are many species that the myrrh of the Bible could be. There were actually 9 different ones available at the time of Moses and over 80 identified today. It is one of the oldest spiritual oils known to man. Myrrh was used in childbirth to prevent infection and was rubbed on the perineum to aid in stretching to allow for easier childbirth. It was then used on the umbilical cord to prevent infection. It was used for skin conditions, oral hygiene and embalming. Women believed it preserved a youthful look and so it was used in many cosmetics.
Biblical CBD Anointing Oil in Chesapeake ?
Myrrh has a lot of healing properties. It is anti-infectious, antiviral, anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, hormone-like, anti-hyperthyroid, and supports the immune system. It is good for diarrhea, thrush in babies, vaginal thrush, athlete’s foot, ringworm, viral hepatitis, chapped skin, wrinkles. It is used in a lot of skin care products for its ability to smooth out wrinkles. Its astringent properties make it helpful for hemorrhoids and for healing ulcers of all kinds. It is good for menstrual problems and menopausal symptoms. It is also used for emotional releasing. It has a gentle calming affect and can be used to instill deep tranquility, inner stillness and peace. When used in grief, it tends to ease sorrow. The main effects of Myrrh are Anti-inflammatory and antiviral.
Buying CBD Anointing Oil in Chesapeake USA
How Can Myrrh Be Used?
Myrrh can be used to anoint the brow, energy centers, hands and the soles of the feet. Myrrh can be placed on the healer’s hands and brushed through the energy field to bring about a sense of peacefulness and tranquility. it can be used directly on the body (you may want to dilute it only because it is sticky.) It can be diffused or inhaled directly but if you choose to put it in a diffuser, be prepared for it to gum up the works.
For more information on how this ancient biblical anointing oil with CBD and other essential oils has modern day applications, you may wish to attend an aromatherapy program that discusses the Biblical oils. the Institute of Spiritual Healing and Aromatherapy is such a program.
What Does Anointing Oil Represent In The Bible?
In our modern day, many who acknowledge being on a spiritual path, recognize the healing properties of essential oils. They create their own spiritual rituals for themselves and their families, anointing their bodies with these healing substances.
In a spiritual ritual whether it is during one's personal prayer time or with others, each act of anointing opens us to the possibility of receiving God's favor-God's healing grace. Whether we are anointing our bath water with an aroma that enhances our release of negativity and openness to unconditional love or diffusing an essential oil into the room to create a sacred healing environment, we are honoring the gift of God present in our daily lives. God has truly blessed the earth with all kinds of plants for our use. When we take the very essence of the plants, the essential oils, and breathe them, rub them on our bodies or take them within, we accept the gift of blessing from God. We are reminded that through anointing, God has set his seal upon our hearts.
Here are six ways you can anoint yourself for healing:
- Anoint your energy centers like the brow or throat or heart as you call upon God to bless you with health and well-being. Suggested oils include frankincense, myrrh, balsam or prepared blends like Joy(TM), Valor(TM), White Angelica(TM).
- Anoint and clear your meditation space and your healing space with oils. This can be done through diffusion or putting 15 drops of an essential oil in 4 ounces of distilled water and then spritzing the space.
- Incorporate the use of essential oils in massaging or rubbing your body. Oils like wintergreen, marjoram, cypress, or peppermint are good for aching muscles.
- Anoint your bed linens. A few drops of Lavender on one's pillow will help with sleep.
- As you anoint your body, bless and respect your sacredness. Breathe the aromas into your heart for the count of five and then breathe out through your solar plexus for a count of five letting go all that is negative or painful.
- Anoint your bath water. Make sure you use a dispersing agent since the oils will simply float on top of the water and some oils may be sensitive for delicate parts. A simple dispersing agent might be sea salt or a half cup of milk.
- Rub the oils on the soles of your feet particularly if you have sensitive skin. The soles of the feet are tough and will not react to oils like sensitive skin.
Modern day anointing can be both relaxing and rejuvenating and can bring you to greater spiritual awareness. This anointing is with therapeutic grade essential oils and not with perfume oils which can cause many skin sensitivities. Educational courses in aromatherapy can help you learn about essential oils and how to anoint.